Lots and Lots of Snow!! What are you to do?
Well my kids went out to play, my husband out to shovel and I took pictures.. naturally.
We got so much snow here that Jamie was diving into it. And Erin, my daughter with the great ideas..says: “Lets make Snow Ice Cream!”
My mom used to make snow ice cream for me when I was a kid, but I haven’t had it in years, so I wasn’t 100% on the ingredients needed. Luckily Pinterest has me covered and we found a how-to easily enough!
Snow Ice Cream
- 1-1/4 cup milk, separated
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- Sprinkles (optional)
- about 8 cups of fresh snow
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of milk, sugar, salt & vanilla extract. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Gather your 8 cups of snow. (Be careful to only scoop up the top layer in a clean spot)
- Add the snow to your milk and sugar mixture. Stir to combine. Depending on how you like your consistency, you can add up to another 1/4 cup of milk. I like mine smooth versus clumpy.
- Garnish with your sprinkles and serve immediately! Its childhood in a bowl of deliciousness!
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven
I ate a full bowl – took me back to being a kid and my Mom out in her coat scooping up snow in her silver pot. There’s just nothing quite like it.