It feels like Autumn is definitely waking up. Yesterday I opened the house up and let the breeze in. It’s actually quite chilly outside today.
The kids came downstairs this morning and immediately started poking fun at me. “Omgosh, Mom is already like: Pumpkin EVERYTHING!!” they said. LOL
So untrue! But I am guilty of loving everything pumpkin and spice and cinnamon this time of year.
I saw a recipe for pumpkin pancakes on my food journal app. (I am on YouFood – I’ve been on there for over a year, logging all my meals. I love it! Makes me accountable to what I’m eating every day! You can find me @jweible and say hi! I highly recommend the app. Its one of my #1 favorite apps on my phone)
Anyway- yes, so I found a recipe on there and tweaked it just a tad to suit me. I think I may add less oats next time and possibly a splash of cashew milk. But these were nice a fluffy and I will definitely be making them again – probably in the morning! Ha!
I added a half scoop of PEScience Snickerdoodle Protein (seriously one of my favorites, its so sweet for adding to stuff like oatmeal, pancakes, fluffcakes) I love their Peanut butter cup flavor too. And I topped the pancakes with a spray of Can’t Believe it’s not Butter spray and Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- 3/4 cup dry oats (I used old fashioned)
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 scoop PEScience Snickerdoodle Protein powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pkt. Splenda
- dash of salt
- dash of pumpkin pie spice
- dash of cinnamon
- Dump all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat your non-stick skillet & spray with non-stick spray. Pour batter on skillet & cook, flipping to other side once sides are firm and top is bubbly.
- I sprayed each pancake with Can't Believe its not Butter spray and I used Walden Farms Zero Calorie syrup to top!