Its Super Bowl Sunday!!!
Is your team playing today? Mine isn’t, but we’re going to watch anyway!
I’m looking forward to some fun time with my neighbors, watching great commercials and eating yummy food.
Kris has some chicken on the smoker and I’m bringing over my Mexican Layer Dip. We love this version of taco dip because its friendly to those who aren’t all that crazy about sour cream or guacamole.
Its a layer of refried beans on the bottom, topped with a yummy taco seasoned cream cheese mixture and THEN topped with lettuce, cheese, tomato and scallions.
I have yet to meet someone who wasn’t absolutely NUTS about this dip.. and I can’t keep it, it just disappears.
Mexican Layer Dip
- 1 large (31 oz.) can refried beans
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- shredded lettuce
- shredded taco cheese
- chopped tomato
- chopped scallions
- sliced black olives
- Spread refried beans evenly along the bottom of a casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, taco seasoning, chili powder, salsa and milk. Whisk to combine well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the top of the refried beans.
- Top dip with shredded lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, black olives and scallions.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving with tortilla chips.
I hope you have a great time if you’re having a Super Bowl party! And if you need a dish to take to your next party, you can’t go wrong with this one!